I love a good taco and was thrilled to find that fish tacos are very easy to make, healthy and delicious! You can use just about any white fish; halibut, Mahi Mahi, tilapia, etc.
This recipe serves 2 (3 tacos each) and is 345 calories per serving.
- 6 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Mahi Mahi filets seasoned with your choice of seasonings; I like a Blackened seasoning, Cholula Chile & Lime seasoning, Taco seasoning or even just Salt & Pepper with a sprinkle of lime is good.
1 cup shredded cabbage (keep it simple and get a bag of coleslaw mix)
- Fresh salsa
- White Sauce –
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Grill or roast the Mahi filets until the fish flakes with a fork. I have grilled these on med-high for 6 minutes on each side or roasted them in the oven on 425 for 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes then divide each filet into thirds.
- Prepare white sauce – combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
- Heat corn tortillas for 20-30 seconds in the microwave to soften.
- To assemble tacos layout a tortilla, drizzle the white sauce in the center, add cabbage, 1/3 of the Mahi fillet and top with salsa. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.