Chicken salads are one of my “go-to” meals and I like to see how I can dress them up in different ways to keep this old favorite tasty. This version is a take on a healthy chicken taco salad.
Serves 1, about 500 calories (depending on your amount of chicken and the type of cheese and sour cream you use)
- 2 cups of lettuce (I prefer red or green leaf or romaine, skip the iceberg it’s not as good for you)
- 4-6 oz grilled chicken breast diced
- 1/2 cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (or green onion)
- 1/4 black beans
- 1 oz shredded cheese (cheddar or jack)
- For the dressing mix 1 tablespoon sour cream with 2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa. (My favorite is Penny’s Salsa – made locally by a great family!)
Assemble in the same order the ingredients are listed in and enjoy!