Great for lunch or dinner this simple salad has just the right balance of sweet and savory and is so simple to make, it has quickly become a favorite at my house.
Serves 1 (calories about 300 calories)
- 3 oz diced cooked chicken breast
Tip: I roast or grill a few seasoned breasts at the beginning of the week to use for salads
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups spinach (washed and torn into bite size pieces)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
In a bowl combine the chicken, strawberries, red onion, olive oil and vinaigrette, toss a few times to make sure the dressing is mixed in evenly. Add the spinach, toss and serve.