In my organic delivery box this week I got more carrots then I had planned on, so when preparing the sweet potatoes for dinner tonight I decided to add them in and see what happened. The result was delicious!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 4 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- Sea salt for seasoning
- Additional seasoning options – like it sweet? Add cinnamon and nutmeg OR like it savory? Add garlic, Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- When you prep your veggies dice your carrots a little smaller than the sweet potato cubes, they take longer to roast and the smaller size helps even out the roasting times
- Toss the sweet potatoes and carrots with the oil and sea salt
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes turning the veggies every 10-15 minutes
- Potatoes and carrots will be soft when done
- In a large bowl combine the coconut milk, sweet potatoes, and carrots
- Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt.