I love breakfast and since I started focusing all of my meals on the Paleo guidelines I find that I eat A LOT of eggs for breakfast – scrambled eggs, fried eggs, omelets, frittatas, etc. Below is this mornings breakfast.
Chicken, Mushrooms, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Omelet
- Diced, grilled chicken breast or thigh meat
- Large handful of baby spinach
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 eggs, beaten with a whisk in a bowl
- Sauté all ingredients in a omelet pan or small skillet
- When hot and the spinach has wilted transfer to a bowl
- Pour the eggs into the pan and let set 1-2 minutes (don’t stir!)
- Push one side towards the middle and let any runny egg mixture run out to the sides to cook
- When the eggs have set add the chicken and spinach mixture to one side
- Gently fold the other half of the omelet over and let cook until all ingredients are set
- Slide onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!