Although Ina Garten is not a Paleo chef, many of her recipes fit within the Paleo guidelines or can be easily adapted. This Lemon Chicken recipe is simple and delicious and even the kids liked it! Bravo!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt on each side.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a small measuring cup.
- Place the chicken in a ceramic or glass dish just large enough to hold it flat.
- Pour the lemon marinade over the chicken, turning it in the dish.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn the chicken 2 or 3 times while marinating.
- When ready to grill, turn a gas grill on medium heat
- Place the breasts top-side down and grill for 4-5 minutes
- Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, and serve.