As I peeked into the fridge I saw a container of shredded zucchini and a sweet potato staring at me. As I started thinking about what I could do with them I started thinking about zucchini latkes and pumpkin pancakes and one idea led to another and I ended up at zucchini sweet potato pancakes. I did a quick search and found that I was not alone with this idea and decided to test this recipe from Budget Paleo. These are simple with a subtle flavor and would be great with a chicken sausage or some other savory protein with some spice.
- 4-5 cups of shredded sweet potato and zucchini ( used about 1/2 and 1/2)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sweet basil (dried)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Butter or Ghee for frying in (this is and important flavor ingredient too)
- Crack your eggs into a large bowl and beat well with a fork or whisk.
- Add in the salt, pepper, basil, mix well and stir in the sweet potatoes, zucchini and almond flour, mix well.
- Then place a small skillet over medium heat (give or take a few degrees depending on your stove), melt a few TBSP of butter.
- Then using a ladle, scoop up a ladle full of the mixture and pour into the pan.
- Let the one side cook for a few minutes until it’s to your desired doneness, then flip and cook the other side.
- Remove to a platter and repeat the steps for cooking the rest of the batter ( you may have to add more butter/ghee as you go along, butter makes it better).