My grandpa always made silver dollar pancakes and bacon on Saturday mornings. I have some great memories of all the grandkids sitting around the kitchen table mopping up syrup with his delicious little pancakes. I have kept the silver dollar cakes in the family and now my kids love them too except my, silver dollar pancakes are now Paleo friendly.
- Pinch Baking soda
- Dash Salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 4 eggs
- Coconut oil for frying
makes about 32 mini cakes
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl, baking soda through almond flour, in a small bowl. Whisk 2-3 times to combine ingredients.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients, vanilla extract through eggs, and whisk to combine ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat pan on medium heat, add coconut oil and let melt.
- Once hot, drop spoonfuls of the pancake mix into the pan, watch for the pancake to set (2-3 minutes), then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with pure maple syrup or a little maple almond butter or cinnamon sautéed apples