Before making the transition to Paleo, fried rice was one of my favorite dishes and I loved to make it at home and everyone (including my picky toddler) would eat it. It was one of the dishes I thought I would miss when I decided to follow the Paleo plan and when I found this recipe for Pork Cauliflower Fried Rice I couldn’t wait to try it. I made a few changes and included the recipe below. It was a hit with the whole family and something I will definitely make again!
Makes 2-4 servings
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender (don’t let it get mushy). I used a pot and about 1″ of water and cooked for about 10 minutes.
- Drain water from cauliflower and transfer to a bowl (or back to drained pot). Mash with a fork or chop in a food processor (and then transfer to bowl), until it is rice-like in consistency.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, brocoli, carrots, eggs, aminos, and sea salt to the cauliflower and mix to combine.
- Add bacon to a hot sauté pan and cook until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Do not drain.
- Once the bacon is browned, add the cauliflower mixture and stir to coat with bacon*.
- Continue to cook the “rice” mixture over medium-high without stirring for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir the mixture and then continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes, until browned.