Whenever I get to talk to someone about Paleo one of the first questions I always get asked is, “What do you eat for breakfast?” So with that in mind, I am declaring Breakfast Week! Each day this week I will post a new, yummy, delicious breakfast recipe and hope that it provides some ideas and inspiration and show we don’t just eat bacon and eggs (although that is super delish!)
Paleo Breakfast Bowl
This is a simple breakfast to prepare and one of my go to meals when in a hurry, at the most basic level it includes 1 serving of meat + twice as many veggies + seasoning + two eggs steamed/poached and served in a bowl. There are an endless number of combinations if you follow this formula.
- 3 ounces all-purpose hamburger sauté
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup diced red pepper and onion
- 1 tsp seasoning – I like Penzey’s Bangkok blend
- 1-2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium sauté pan reheat the all-purpose hamburger sauté – 2-3 minutes
- Add the spinach, diced red pepper and onion, stir to combine and put a lid on it to steam sauté the veggies – 2-3 minutes
- Add the seasoning and stir to combine
- Break the eggs on top of the meat and veggies and put a lid on the pan to steam/poach the eggs – 2-3 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs
- Slide into a bowl, add a dash of salt and pepper on the eggs and enjoy!
Are you keeping track of each day? Let me help!
- Tuesday – Apple Chicken Sausage breakfast bowl
- Wednesday – Banana Coconut Pancakes
- Thursday – Sweet Potato Hash
- Friday – Breakfast Casserole
- Saturday – sautéed Zucchini, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Sunday – Spinach and Mushroom Egg Scramble