It’s Wednesday, hump day, the middle of my Paleo Breakfast week extravaganza, and what better breakfast would add some motivation to your day than pancakes?? I have been playing with gluten-free paleo pancake recipes for a few months now and have posted a few recipes (pumpkin and zucchini) but this one is by far my favorite. The banana flavor is sweet and is a great compliment to the subtle coconut flavor, this dish reminds me of Hawaii… If I could, I would eat these every day!
Serves 1 – makes 4 3-inch pancakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 heavy dash of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- (optional) Coconut Nectar as a syrup topping
- In a small bowl mix the mashed banana, egg and cinnamon
- Add the coconut flour and coconut flakes and stir to combine
- Let sit 2 minutes
- In a medium frying pan heat the coconut oil on medium
- Using a spoon drop 1/4 of the batter into the frying pan and flatten with the back of the spoon, repeat until all the batter has been used
- Cook 2-3 minutes and flip
- Cook another 2-3 minutes
- Drizzle with a little Coconut Nectar, serve and enjoy.
Looking for more Paleo Breakfast Week ideas, here they are!
- Monday – Breakfast Bowl
- Tuesday – Apple Chicken Sausage Breakfast Bowl
- Thursday – Sweet Potato Hash
- Friday – Breakfast Casserole
- Saturday – sautéed Zucchini, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Sunday – Spinach and Mushroom Egg Scramble