Hello Thursday! Welcome to the 4th installment in my Paleo Breakfast Week series. Ahh… sweet potato hash; warm and sweet with just a bit of spice. This dish is a great way to start the day. Want to go one step further? Scramble in a couple of eggs or top with a fried egg. Yum!
- 1 lb ground mild italian sausage (or hot if you like it spicy)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Shake or two of pumpkin pie spice
- In a large sauté pan, brown and cook the sausage, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- When cooked, drain the fat and put the sausage in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to the sauté pan and heat on medium high until melted and hot.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, sauté until almost soft (2-3 minutes).
- Add the diced sweet potato and pumpkin pie spice.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until the sweet potato is soft (about 10 minutes – check ever few minutes and gently toss to make sure nothing sticks to the pan).
- Add the sausage and toss to combine.
Looking for the whole breakfast series? Look no further!
- Monday – Breakfast Bowl
- Tuesday – Chicken Apple Sausage Breakfast Bowl
- Wednesday – Banana Coconut Pancakes
- Friday – Breakfast Casserole
- Saturday – sautéed Zucchini, Mushrooms and Bacon
- Sunday – Spinach and Mushroom Egg Scramble